Overview – Cam Driven Rotary Indexers
Cam indexers are available with fixed
incremental stops, oscillating or non-patterned motions
using a servo motor. Using the same housing, most of
our indexing units can be fitted with an indexing, oscillating
or servo indexer cam without any dwell period. Since we make our own internal components, the rotary indexer globoidal cam & needle bearing cam followers are optimized to the largest size for each configuration.
Sankyo internal components are ~30% larger than the competition. Our success is simple; larger diameters transfer more torque and rotate fewer revolutions. More surface contact and fewer revolutions have less wear to inherently extend the service life. Smaller units perform the same task with less cost.
Options include; mounted geared motor drives, torque limiting clutches, dial risers and
cycle timing packages will streamline
your installations with less design time. Whether
it is new design or retrofit, we offer a large
variety of product sizes compatible with your application.
Indexer (AD, DT, DTR, Do Series)
Rotary dial indexers
are ideal for rotary assembly when dial plates or fixtures need to index with precise locations. Each have stationary
center through bores for routing supply lines
and dual flanges for mounting a stationary dial plate
over the indexing dial. The stationary dial plate can mount pick & place part handlers or measurement tooling. An excellent choice
for the base of a rotary assembly machine.
• Design: Low profile, stationary hollow output with 2nd flange for stationary dial plate mounting
• Typical Applications: Large dial plate rotation, 609 to 9,900mm (2 to 32 feet), special applications
• Housing Sizes: (4) series with (26) housing sizes
Angle Indexer (CD, ED, D, DF, DU Series)
Right angle rotary indexers
have shaft/flange outputs with taller housings and large diameter internal cams. The larger cams support indexing and dwell times to match the process times without stopping the motor. Ideal for multiple indexers with line shaft drives or frequent cycling in continuous cycle modes. This group includes our miniature indexers and cleanroom indexers.
• Design: Small footprint mounting, shaft and/or flange output, high speed
• Typical Applications: Continuous or frequent cycling, cleanroom environment, special applications
• Housing Sizes: (5) series with (44) housing sizes
Indexer (P, PL Series)
Parallel rotary indexers
have parallel input and output shafts. The output includes a shaft/flange configuration. Cast iron housings are tall with small mounting footprints. Cycling is designed for continuous or on demand applications with indexing or oscillating motions available.
• Design: Inline/parallel shafts, small footprint mounting, shaft and/or flange output, high speed
• Typical Applications: Continuous or frequent cycling, indexing, oscillating, special applications
• Housing Sizes: (2) series with (18) housing sizes